Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Crystal Balls and Looking Glasses

     I wish I had the ability to look into the future... just a little peek.  Our world is at such a crossroads that you would think that everyone would unite in wanting the best possible positive outcome. 
    There are those of us who see danger and want to fix them, and those who see that we are doing fine and need not to alter the course.  These different views of the our nation do nothing more than cause a greater rift among us, and make this process so much harder.  Not that opposing view points are bad, they give us a chance to think and collaborate.  Yet we only have one planet, one country, so how can we all unite? 
     That is why I want the crystal ball, to glimpse at what could be.  I would want to see the world after both Trump and Clinton, and see which one is the best possible outcome.
     I don't want to gamble the future of my child, my country, nor the world.  This election is scary and I understand that this is going to affect more than just myself and my family.
     For me, Clinton is not the answer.  I have made that abundantly clear.  Trump scares me but he does so much less than Clinton. Since it is 2016, why can't the public be offered more than two political parties battling over power?
     As a history fanatic, I wonder if every person abreast with politics in the past felt the same way.  Was the general public as concerned over Washington or Lincoln as we are with Trump and Clinton?  Were there intensely heated debates over dinners that families decided they could not talk politics with one another after the election of our first President?    More so, what would Washington and Lincoln say about these two front runners? 
     When I cast my vote in November, I just want the best possible outcome.  Not the lesser of two evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment