Monday, September 26, 2016

Trump Vs. Clinton

     It's done.  The first highly anticipated debate between Clinton and Trump is over, and I am almost at a loss. When I heard reports that Trump wasn't prepping like those would in a classic setting, I panicked a little bit.  After watching the debate tonight, I see why. 
     Trump did ok, but he did seem a bit out of sorts especially when asked about the birther movement.  For this lack of a coherent response, I blame his team for not giving him some kind of direction on that question... or if they did they need to find Plan B. That was his biggest flaw of the evening for me, and that is the temperament remark not withstanding. 
     Clinton was too happy for my liking, but that has a lot to do with Trump's answers.  I do not think she did herself any favors this evening.  Clinton showed exactly who she is, an elitist woman who is held to different set of rules than everyone else.  Clinton was smug and did not have to answer to her staff starting the birther movement., nor really any tough questions for that matter.  She stood firm on her work and acted like she has actually worked for this nation. 
     I enjoyed that Clinton plugged her book which apparently outlines her ideas... so you can learn about her vision for the USA while padding her hefty bank account. 
     I enjoyed Trump for the points he brought up with the inner city violence, NATO, jobs leaving the US.  That was good!

     There wasn't a winner, but on the same token, Trump didn't lose.  He needs to be prepped better for the next debate. 
     At the end of the election cycle, I think we all can agree that Hillary Clinton is NOT the solution our nation needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment