Sunday, September 11, 2016

15 Years Ago We Were One

     I know that like many of you, I remember where I was when I heard the news of the attacks on the Pentagon, the Twin Towers, and of United Flight 93.  I was 17 years old.
     Like many people my age, I had no deep understanding of what that attack would bring.  Sure there would be a war, but now that I am 32 with a husband and child of my own, I know now that I did not truly comprehend the effects.
     15 years later and we still are fighting a war against like minded individuals who lead those attacks on American soil on 9-11-2001.  15 years later, we have evolved into one world that is on a never ending battle that neither side is winning. 
   Collaboration, appeasement, ignorance... none of this is working.  I ask myself, is this track we are on now anything the victims would have wanted? 

     9-11 is a day of remembrance.  A day to mourn those lost to our nation and those who lost a family member.  Today should be a day where political rhetoric stops, and we all come together as a nation united.  
    Today I remember us as a nation united.  I remember us a nation where it did not matter where you originated from, if you lived here, you were American.  Flags proudly lined our homes, streets, and businesses.  We can go back to that pride and patriotism if we as a nation are brave enough and can let love defeat hate. 
    The more we allow the darkness to cloud our judgement, the more the terrorists who conducted the attacks on 9-11 win. 
     We cannot let them win.  The survivors of those who died that day deserve better then that. 

     May God be with those lost that day.  Let His blessings be with those who survived and are directly impacted. 
     God Bless America.  God Bless Us All.

No comments:

Post a Comment