Friday, January 20, 2017

God Bless President Trump!

     Going into today I knew that it would be  historically important , but I discounted how emotional it would be.   As tears filled my eyes, I watched while Vice President Pence took the oath of office delivered by Justice Thomas.  I enthusiastically applauded as President Trump delivered his first speech after being sworn in.  The spiritual leaders selected to speak were inspirational!  I did not go into today looking for more ways to find the things that divide us.  I went into today's inauguration as a historical witness of the re-unification of our country, and the speakers and President Trump seemed to have a pulse on what the country needed to hear.
     As I listened to President Trump's speech, I was beyond inspired.  The inspiration was so palpable I actually feel as if a great weight has been lifted off of our nation.  "We share one heart, one home," President Trump said.  "This moment is YOUR moment, it belongs to you...this is YOUR country!"  These words were of our newly inaugurated President, and I sense he truly believes this!  This is our nation, my fellow Americans.  American belongs to the people, it always has, and will continue to be as long as we do our duty to make it so.  We cannot remain lazy.  We cannot remain indifferent to what our elected officials do.   We have to be awake, we have to be present!  We have to remain vigilant even in times of our country's greatness, not just show up in times of crisis! 
     President Trump made so many profound statements today but one of my favorites was this, "What truly matters is that our government is controlled by its People!"   How many of my fellow Americans easily forget this simple statement.  We are the ones to tell the elected officials what to do, not the other way around.  Our elected officials are supposed to work with the people, to represent We the People; not work for special interest groups or lobbyists.  We the People are the ones who elect our leaders, they are not appointed nor born into positions of leadership, We the People put them there.  This will continue only if we continue to be active in our democratic process. 
     Too many of the millennials have not been taught this, and because of this we are witnessing too many people being left behind and feeding so easily into hate.  We the People need not forget how our nation came to be and why we are such a unique nation. 
     We the People need to have prayer and the guidance of God placed back into our nation's capital and everyone's heart.  We can have a great nation again if, and only if, we can put aside our differences to work for the common good and one common goal.  That common goal should be the best interest of our nation's future, which is that of our nation's children.  We must stop this incessant PC culture we've created that breeds nothing but hate disguised as universal acceptance.  We must unify together! 
     President Trump assured us that "we will be protected by God," and my faith has me believe this to be true!  By the way of President Trump's speech and mannerisms, I believe that with his administration, we will indeed "make America proud again!"

God Bless President Trump!
God Bless the U.S.A!
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment