Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Post CNN debate.... and it's lack of a winner

     After the Debate on CNN last week, I was waiting to post my opinion.  That's because the whole debate completely underwhelmed me.  I know that people are saying Fiorina won, and while I will admit that she had some explosive moments, I don't think anyone really came out on top.  The CNN debate was by far better than Fox, however, I still do not believe we got down to the heart of anyone's campaign.  It was very telling that two separate candidates had to tell the moderator that they wanted to get to issues and not eat the worm dangling from the hook to unload on one another.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say I've had ENOUGH with the media trying to bait candidates into talking negatively about another candidate.  Issues are what voters care about.  Those people who want to see them fight each other like we've never graduated high school, are holding us back from prosperity.
     Scott Walker leaves the race, proceeds to call on other candidates to leave as well, so someone can rightly eliminate Trump.  Which leads me to believe that politicians and the DC elite still do not get the voters' dismay leading to us following the "UN-politician".  The whole allure behind people like Trump, Carson and Fiorina is that they do not have the deep ties to Washington.  The anger Republicans feel is being glossed over by the Washington elite and by the media. Some think those of us who support these candidates are having a hissy-fit and will soon return to our senses. Yet we keep electing officials into office who are promising to fix the problems Obama had brought to this nation, but they (Boehner and MCconnell) keep telling us our election efforts aren't enough.   We sent Republicans to Washington in a massive landslide and we're still getting nothing accomplished. To put it simply, we're angry.  We demand results.  Work with what you have and keep your promise to the citizen's of this nation! 
     On a personal level, I admire Cruz.  He is intelligent and has bold, well thought out ideas.  I like Trump.  His no nonsense attitude is refreshing.  Carson's recent "double-downing" of not advocating for a Muslim president who doesn't renounce the faith showed me a new side of him that is thrilling!  Rubio is intelligent and has a lot to offer.  I need Bush to follow Walker's instructions and leave the race, he is part of the Washington elite that needs to be shut down.  I cannot be alone in thinking this because of how he is polling.  Fiorina rubs me the wrong way.  There is too much uncertainty with her; there is something about her that I don't trust.
     Keep pushing the issues, candidates.  We need a miracle to rebuild the damage caused by Obama.   

No comments:

Post a Comment