Sunday, May 10, 2015

Why I Am Not, Nor Will I Ever Be, a Liberal

     It's Mother's Day weekend, and it is a time I celebrate moms of all walks of life.  I celebrate those moms of the human and furry variety.  I also celebrate those women who came into my life that left a lasting impression on me who were a mother figure to me in many ways, women who have helped to shape me into the person I am today.  I never celebrated those women in the entertainment community, like movies or TV, but  I've always been one who glamorizes women in politics, science, teachers, even strong female fictional characters in books.  Women need strong women to idolize, to look to someone who may not be praised for looks but their intellect.  I loved learning from all of these women who came into my life, especially the ones who are not in my life any more.  Every woman I have met along the way played a huge role in determining my political philosophy, and as to why I cannot waive the banner as a liberal. 
     I remember a friend's sister of mine saying to me, "you're a woman, you should believe and support abortion."  As soon as I had "the talk" from my mother, she told me that there were choices I would need to make in that area, but one of them should not be abortion.  I was taught that not only is every life precious, but that if I decided to engage in activities that would lead to this creation of life, I would have to live with it because it would be a consequence of  my actions.  That was a humbling lesson as a teenager.  Not only am I against abortions, one of the cornerstones of liberals and feminists alike, but I am vehemently apposed to government funding these procedures.
     Oh no, let's talk Affirmative Action.  I do believe that back in the times of MLK Jr., this was a crucially important policy.  Now as we are about to enter into 2016, there isn't a need for this policy any more.  For those who say there is still a need for this, would it be a better compromise to have numbers for candidates instead of names?   I believe full hardheartedly that anyone who is given a job and/or any kind of position should get it based solely on their credentials.  The story of  Vijay Chokal-Ingam was very eye opening and persuasive.  I would much rather be picked for a position based on my merit, on my credentials, than for the fact that I will add to the female diversification of a company's portfolio.  If there is a man more qualified than me, then they should be selected plain and simple.  That just makes me work harder for what I want!
     Government involvement.  I chuckle every time I hear people upset that the government is invading their privacy with their cell phones and/or by monitoring what movies they watch, but the second where it has to deal with "free" handouts those same people are happy like pigs in mud.  The hypocrisy in not wanting this monitoring for security isn't ok, but when they can milk their "fair share" for all it's worth at the expense of someone else is awful.  Why the general population wants the government involved in anything is beyond my understanding.  The government is that family member telling you what is best for you because you have no clue how to care for yourself.  They have no idea how to run this nation yet alone your life.  Honestly though, why would you want them involved.  This cluster of people who bicker and argue over anything and everything, who cannot even agree on our national security.  People who have effectively ruined our county with the massive bail-outs and education system with their mandatory standardizing testing. 
     If I were to sum up what liberalism is, it would be by saying it is a grouping of people who are going to tell you that you are not ever given a fair chance at a good life and the only way you will have this fairness is by allowing government to regulate everything.  Ew.  Liberals stand firmly against all that has made our nation successful for years simply because they want power.  They want the power to control you and everything you do.  
     Strong women in my life, and not so strong women in my life, have shown me how to care for myself.  That I am alone have the power to accomplish or fail by my own hand.  Now, more than ever it appears, it is important for me and others who are against this liberal mentality, to come together and be loud.  Be so loud that no one can ignore your voice.  It is in this I stand firm.  It is because of the women I have encountered in my life at to this juncture that I am proud of my beliefs.  I am confident too that one day I will not only be a role model to my son, but to any friends he makes.  Celebrate the strong, intelligent women in your life today and teach them not to fall into the liberal trap.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment